Friday, November 06, 2015

Tonight I went to one of the best gigs that I've ever been to in my life, and believe me, I've been to many. It was up there with Public Enemy headlining Reading in '92, Rage Against The Machine at Edwards No. 8, Birmingham '93 or The Beastie Boys at Horden Pavilion (Sydney) in '94. Public Enemy played the same set as they did at Sound City in Sheffield last year, but this time around it just seemed better. The Prodigy, who I haven't seen play live for 19 years played an absolute belter. Liam and Maxim must be pushing 50 now, but they had the energy of teens and the presence of masters. The Prodigy are without doubt one of the most important bands anywhere in the world ever. The genre spanning fusion in their repertoire from early 90s rave and Techno through to industrial metal and cyber punk has had them leading the way before others dared for decades, there'd be no #Pendulum, no #Skrillex if these guys hadn't done it first. The Prodigy deserve a lot more recognition for what they have achieved and their influence on popular music over the past quarter century than what they get. I'm so glad I made the effort to come here tonight, absolutely, definitely worth every Euro. If you get the chance to see PE + The Prodigy on the UK leg of their tour....don't waste it! #love #life #music #hiphop #EDM #rave #techno #industrial #metal #gig #concert #event #entertainment #live #Prodigy #PublicEnemy #travel #tourism #tourist @djlord @mrchuckd_pe @publicenemyftp @theprodigyofficial #THANKYOU


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1SxulA5

No comments: