Sunday, June 03, 2018

A rare #selfie on my #instafeed, but I took this #photo as I was rather chuffed with myself for walking to the #Wasserstraßenkreuz #Magdeburg today, along roads and across fields, but eventually I made it. I saw this place on TV some years ago, I’ve even seen it from the air when flying to Dresden and have always wanted to see it close up for myself. Behind me to the left is an #aqueduct, which is the largest #canal #bridge in Europe, it spans the #River #Elbe (to my right) and directly connects the #Mittellandkanal to the west and #ElbeHavel Canal to the east of the river, allowing large commercial ships to pass between the Rhineland and Berlin without having to descend into and then climb out of the Elbe itself. Truly magnificent #German #engineering. #IgersMagdeburg #IgersSaale #IgersSaxonyAnhalt #IgersGermany #Deutschland #Germany #transport #water #travel #tourism #tourist #leisure #life #SAMCRO


via Instagram https://ift.tt/2ssXmrN

No comments: